Interior painting costs 2021
Interior House Painting Costs in 2021 in Tasmania.
The cost of painting the interior of a home comes down to several key factors including, the size of the home, type of paint, and condition of the surfaces. Naturally, if you’re looking to have all interior surfaces painted, that will cost you considerably less than if you’re looking to paint only a room or two, but what else makes a difference because of the set-up costs involved.
On average, you can expect to be quoted $25-$35 AUD per square meter for an interior surface paint job. The total varies based on how much you are wanting to be painted and the surface material, so you may be charged anywhere from $800 for one room to $10,000 AUD or more for a complete interior.
Here are a few figures for the following size projects:
- Painting a single bedroom: Roughly $800-$1,200 AUD
- Repainting an entire 2-bedroom unit: Roughly $2,500 to 5,000 AUD
- Repainting a 3 to 5 bedroom property: Any where between $7,000 and $10,000 AUD
Why does the cost vary?
The amount you will be charged by a professional to paint the interior of your home varies based on the company you hired, the size of the job, the age of the home, the type of paint and the material of the surface areas being painted.
What factors contribute to the price?
The size of the room
Painters charge per square meter. Meaning, if one room is bigger than another, you’ll be charged more to paint that room as it will take more time and material.
The purpose of the room
Painters have to take into consideration what the room being painted will be used for. A bedroom for example will need less durable paint than a bathroom due to a bathroom being a damp area. The same concept would apply to painting a hallway vs painting a kitchen.
The material being painted
Pending the room being painted, the surface area may vary. If the surface area requires paint that is stronger, you will be charged more for that area. For example, painting wooden cabinets vs painting a bedroom wall. These two areas will cost different amounts as they require different kinds of paint and primer for the best results.
What else do I need to know?
A few things you’ll want to keep in mind when hiring a company to paint the interior of your home include:
- What exactly are you wanting to have painted? If you’re having a bedroom painted for example, inform them if you only want the walls painted or if you want the trim, windows, door frame, etc.
- Remember that the cost will vary company to company so consider getting estimates from a few and then deciding who you’d like to hire for the project.
- Be clear about the kind of paint you want and keep in mind that the price will vary based on the color(s) and if you’re wanting any kind of unique designs or aspects.
Having the interior of your home painted is an exciting adventure as a homeowner. A simple paint job can make your house feel brand new and give you a sense of renewal! Remember to be clear with your painters and treat the quote you are given as a rough guide. Lastly, have fun!